VIANurse is now closed.
On March 13, 2020, RNAO launched the VIANurse program. This program mobilized RNAO’s network of RNs, NPs and nursing students to save lives and provide relief for nurses at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
From March to May 2020, the VIANurse database included:
- 7,426 virtual and clinical care RNs
- 1,036 critical care RNs
- 289 NPs
- 5,000+ nursing students who could work as PSWs
- 395 RNs, NPs and nursing students available immediately for deployment to facilities with active outbreaks
VIANurse served the staffing needs of 316 organizations in different sectors including:
- 241 long-term care homes
- 29 hospitals
- 11 public health units
- seven Indigenous health facilities
- three hospices
- three correctional centres
Thank you to all of the RNs and NPs for their contributions and to the organizations that used RNAO's VIANurse during the peak of the third wave of COVID-19 to augment their nursing human resources to serve Ontarians.
Thank you letters: