We are less than seven weeks from start of classes and the Ontario government has not unveiled the provincial plan for the safe and timely reopening of schools in September. With this reopening, schools will house the largest population of unvaccinated people in congregate places. Indeed:
- children under 12 cannot currently be vaccinated against COVID-19
- only 35 per cent of the 12–17-year-old cohort are fully vaccinated at this time
Join us! Call on the premier to ensure the safe reopening of Ontario schools in September. Every student and teacher must be protected from COVID-19 through:
- improved ventilation in schools,
- mandatory indoor masking,
- smaller class sizes, and
- mandatory vaccination of teachers (unless they have a medical exemption).
Premier, we call on you to issue the government’s plan. Time is of the essence to protect us all from a fourth COVID-19 wave driven by the dangerous Delta variant, which targets the unvaccinated.
Join us! Tell the Premier to act now to ensure a safe reopening of Ontario schools.
Copy will be sent to the following: