Welcome to the RNAO NurseInsure Insurance Program for 2023-2024
Are you looking for an insurance solution to your Errors & Omissions and Business needs?
Look no further – RNAO has the solution in the NurseInsure Malpractice Errors & Omissions Insurance and Business Insurance Programs.
Whether you are purchasing insurance as a requirement or whether it is in addition to any protection currently afforded to you, this program provides you the option to purchase the insurance that you need in the rendering of your professional services and/or in the running of your business. NurseInsure provides you peace of mind, with no reliance on other parties to provide you with the insurance protection you are looking for.
We are pleased to provide you with the following insurance product offerings for your consideration:
Malpractice Professional Liability/Errors & Omissions – Individual
- Provides E&O insurance coverage to an RN or RN (EC) for claims arising out of alleged/actual negligence in connection with the provision of professional services in the practice of nursing
- Full Prior Acts coverage included
- Limits of $1,000,000, $2,000,000 and $5,000,000 currently available
- Defence Costs are in ADDITION to the limit of insurance for the limit options of $1,000,000, $2,000,000 and $5,000,000
- NIL Deductible
- Security & Privacy Liability Coverage automatically included subject to $50,000 per claim/aggregate sublimit. Option to increase to $250,000 sublimit available (subject to additional premium).
- Employment Practices Liability coverage automatically included, subject to $100,000 sublimit per claim/aggregate per policy period
- Outside Directorship Liability Coverage automatically included, subject to $500,000 per claim/aggregate per policy period (certain conditions apply)
- Option to have coverage automatically extended to your Personal Corporation, if needed and subject to meeting eligibility requirements
- Worldwide Territory coverage automatically included subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Option to purchase tail/extended reporting period insurance up to 6 years in the event of cessation of business, retirement, death, or disability of the insured
- Satisfies the CNO’s professional liability protection (PLP) requirement
- Premiums start as low as $220 annually
Malpractice Professional Liability/Errors & Omissions - Firm (for Business Entities, Partnerships, Corporations)
- Provides E&O insurance coverage to the partnership/entity for claims arising out of alleged/actual negligence in connection with the provision of professional services in the practice of nursing
- Coverage is automatically extended to all non-professional employees of the partnership/entity. All professionals of the partnership/entity, such as RNs and RN(EC)s, will each need to purchase the Individual Malpractice Professional Liability/Errors & Omissions Insurance as noted above. Coverage is subject to the terms of the policy
- Full Prior Acts coverage included
- Limits of $1,000,000 $2,000,000 and $5,000,000 currently available, with higher limits available upon request
- Defense Costs are in ADDITION to the limit of insurance
- NIL Deductible
- Security & Privacy Liability Coverage automatically included, subject to $50,000 per claim/aggregate sublimit. Option to increase to $250,000 sublimit available (subject to additional premium).
- Employment Practices Liability Coverage automatically included, subject to $100,000 sublimit per claim/aggregate per policy period
- Worldwide Territory coverage automatically included subject to the terms and conditions of the policy
- Option to purchase tail/extended reporting period insurance up to 6 years in the event of cessation of business Premiums start as low as $416 annually
Business Insurance – Property and Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Provides the option to purchase insurance against the following key exposures in the operations of your business:
- Coverage for your business equipment and contents as per limit options available on the program
- Coverage for business interruption (loss of revenue and additional expenses incurred) as a result of a property loss insured under the program
- Coverage for theft of money, depositor’s forgery, credit card forgery, computer theft and funds transfer fraud, per the limits available on the program
- Coverage for third party liability as a result of negligence (ie. slips and falls) – limits of $2,000,000, $3,000,000, and $5,000,000 currently available
- Coverage for $2,000,000 Tenant’s Legal Liability included
- Coverage for Non-Owned Automobile Liability included (follows the CGL limit chosen)
- Coverage for Employers Liability included (follows the CGL limit chosen)
- Premiums start as low as $524 annually
This summary provides an outline of your insurance program and general scope of coverage as afforded by your various policies and is for quick reference purposes. It is not intended to supplement or supplant the actual policy contracts. Specific reference to the policies, individual schedules, endorsements and conditions is required for actual determination of coverage. Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic we wish to bring to your attention that many insurance policies contain specific exclusions related to any loss/claim due to contagious or communicable diseases, including any loss directly or indirectly related to a contagious disease as well as those related to government measures.
Coverage is subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions of each policy issued. In all cases, please refer to your policy wordings and declarations values to determine the actual coverage, terms and exclusions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION –
Please be aware NurseInsure Malpractice E&O Insurance is a “Claims Made and Reported” policy. For your policy to respond, all claims or circumstances which may result in claims must be reported within the policy period. You must therefore ensure that all this information is reported to Magnes prior to the expiry date of your policy. Coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
All claims or incidents are to be reported directly to our office. Please ensure that you note that you are a member of RNAO and please have your certificate of insurance number ready. The contact information is as follows:
Claims Account Manager, The MAGNES Group Inc.
Phone: 1-800-650-3435, extension 337
For more information or to purchase NurseInsure coverage, call The MAGNES Group Inc. at 1 800-650-3435 extension 366.
This is only an outline of the policy and should not be relied upon. Certain policy exclusions and limitations may apply in any given fact situation and limit the amount excluded and payable under this insurance coverage. Full terms and conditions of this insurance, including all exclusions and limitations are described in the policy document, a copy of which can be obtained from MAGNES.
MAGNES does not guarantee or make any representation or warranty that insurance can be placed on terms acceptable to a client.
Go to the online application form to apply now.
Please create a new account to start process of purchasing RNAO NurseInsure.