The Power of Strong Clinical Placements in Long-Term Care
Leaders of long-term care (LTC) homes, clinical instructors, preceptors and nursing students joined RNAO on May 16, 2022 to a conversation about how LTC homes and academic institutions can ignite the passion for nursing student placements in LTC.
The objectives of this webinar are to:
- Ignite passion for nursing student placements in LTC during their program.
- Inspire LTC homes to successfully prepare preceptors and students for clinical placement.
- Design nursing placements as a recruitment and retention strategy.
- Showcase the RNAO student and preceptor resources.
- Discuss how the LTC best practice coordinators can support the learning journey.
- Christina Pullano, RN, BScN, MN (Candidate), nursing policy analyst, RNAO, shares her perspective as a student.
- Amy Kelly, RN, BScN, placement coordinator, Trent University, provides an academic outlook.
- Alanna McDevitt, RN, BScN, assistant director of care, Spencer House, provides her view as a current preceptor.