Pressure Injury Prevention and Treatment in the Context of Resident-Centred Care
This presentation will discuss the implementation of the best practice guidelines on the prevention and treatment of pressure injuries when residents chose alternative approaches to care. If the pressure injury is assessed to be non-healing, what approaches to care should be considered?
During this webinar, participants will learn how to:
- review the concept of resident centered care
- describe the benefits and overcome the obstacles of using simulation at the point-of-care in a long-term care setting
- provide a high-level overview of the best practice recommendations for the prevention and treatment of pressure injuries
- discuss methods to help eliminate differences in approaches to care
- review the concept of non-healable wounds.
- review the treatment for non-healable wounds
Karen E Campbell, PhD, NSWOC, RN
Consultant, Primacare Living Solutions
Adjunct Professor, Western University