Landscape and Emerging Issues with E-Cigarettes: Webinar Series
November 17, 2020
Webinar 3 of a 3 part series
Preventing e-cigarette use amongst adults
This webinar is in partnership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO), Community Health Nurses’ Initiatives group (CHNIG) and Community Health Nurses of Canada (CHNC).
- Understand the prevalence of vaping in Ontario and across Canada;
- Understand the mechanism of vaping (primary focus: nicotine);
- Articulate health impacts of vaping;
- Discuss how nurses and other health-care providers can provide clients with prevention, protection and cessation support; and
- The role that nursing and health care professionals can play in advocating thoughtfully and forcefully for optimal regulations of vaping devices and products.
Dr. Andrew Pipe, CM, MD, LLD(Hon), DSc(Hon), FRCPSC(Hon), University of Ottawa Heart Institute,
Rosemary Lamont, RN, York Region Public Health, Community and Health Services