Landscape and Emerging Issues with E-Cigarettes: Webinar Series
October 27, 2020
Webinar 2 of a 3 part series
Preventing vaping amongst youth
This webinar is in partnership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO), Community Health Nurses’ Initiatives group (CHNIG) and Community Health Nurses of Canada (CHNC).
- Understand the prevalence of vaping in Ontario and across Canada;
- Understand the mechanism of vaping (primary focus: nicotine);
- Articulate health impacts of vaping;
- Discuss how nurses and other health-care providers can provide clients with prevention, protection and cessation support; and
- The role that nursing and health care professionals can play in advocating thoughtfully and forcefully for optimal regulations of vaping devices and products.
Cindy Baker-Barill, RN BNSC, Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
Claire Alexander, RN BScN, Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit
Adam Armitage, RN BScN, Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit