- Discuss how health inequities exposed during the pandemic contributed to poor population health outcomes and moral distress in CHNs
- Discuss system transformation and opportunities for positive disruption
- Explore the distribution of power and its influence on system transformation
- Learn approaches, levers and strategies to influence systems to advance health equity
- Identify community organizations and partners to work with in system transformation.
Claire is an RN and the Scientific Director of the National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health (NCCDH). Claire was previously the Executive Director of the Population and Public Health Branch within the Department of Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living. Her career has included roles in rural and urban public health, home health, primary health care, regional health authority and the Public Health Agency of Canada. Claire is a past president of the CNA and of the CHNC. Her Ph.D. work focused on the capacity of public health leadership to advance health equity. Claire brings a wealth of expertise, rich networks and a passion for translating knowledge and evidence, specially to position public health to advance health equity.