RNAO's Long-Term Care (LTC) Best Practices Program is offering a community of practice (CoP) exclusive to Ontario LTC homes to implement the Preventing Falls and Reducing Injury from Falls best practice guideline (BPG) recommendations through a collaborative peer-supported process.
This virtual CoP has been designed for LTC home leaders and/or their interprofessional teams interested in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully lead, build capacity and sustain practice change in their organization through the implementation of falls prevention best practices.
The sessions will be a series of four one-hour facilitated webinars with additional opportunities for coaching by RNAO's LTC best practices team. This coaching will be provided during scheduled office hours outside of the webinar sessions. Don't miss out on this powerful opportunity to bring positive change and innovation to your workplace.
Participants must attend all sessions, which will take place 2 - 3 p.m. ET on Sept. 8, Oct. 6, Nov. 10 and Dec. 1.
The CoP includes:
- facilitated interactive workshops
- working together with LTC homes across Ontario
- coaching by RNAO's LTC best practice coordinators to:
- assess participating LTC home’s person- and family-centred care (PFCC) policies, procedures and practices using a gap analysis
- develop and implement a PFCC action plan
- plan for ongoing evaluation of PFCC activities