As a registered nurse, you are a vital piece of the health-care puzzle, a frontline worker that your community can depend on. Every day, you connect with your patients and clients; it's what makes nursing special, rewarding.
Now, give something back to yourself and to your profession: connect with your colleagues and future nurses.
RNAO's Liaison Programs and Nurse Ambassador Program are all about connections - strengthening connections with your nursing colleagues in your workplace.
RNAO Needs Nurse Ambassadors
What is the Nurse Ambassador (NA) program?
The NA Program is a volunteer program consisting of nurses across Ontario who donate their time, knowledge and experience by talking about the nursing profession at various community events and speaking engagements in schools – with audiences ranging in education from grade 7 and high school students to mature students. NA’s assist and prepare those who are considering nursing as a career while spreading information about the nursing profession.
Plant the seed by talking to students in schools in your community about the nursing profession.
Cultivate nursing as an exciting career choice.
Watch your influence bloom
Nurse Ambassador Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities are in the areas of promoting nursing as a career choice and educating the public about the nursing profession.
- To seek, create, and coordinate opportunities to promote nursing as a career
- To be a nursing career resource to community educational facilities
- To nurture a progressive attitude toward the profession through networking with other health professionals in their organizations and informing them of the program
- To develop and mentor nursing student ambassadors
- To provide RNAO with ongoing feedback about their activities
Other Desirable Qualifications
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in adult education strategies/facilitation
- Previous experience with presenting to small and large groups
- Demonstrated interest in promoting nursing as a career
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Established relationships with various stakeholders
- Current registration as a RN with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Currently practising nursing in the province of Ontario