Clinical questions addressed by the guideline include:
- What do nurses need to be aware of to do an appropriate assessment (in their practice setting) of clients who are opioid dependent or opioid abusing, and are either already on or are potential candidates for MMT?
- What do nurses need to know about MMT?
- What is the role of the nurse in MMT?
- How do nurses support a client, who is on or is a potential candidate for MMT, who presents for care?
Methadone Speaker's Bureau
View the following videos related to methadone and addiction treatment.
- Nurturing Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: Presented by Lynne Newton, a clinical educator from Kingston General Hospital.
- Supporting Clients on Methadone Maintenance Treatment: Presented by Lynne Haslam, and acute pain nurse from Sunnybrook Hospital.