Some signs that you and your change team are making progress:
- You develop a sense of shared purpose with some early goals and an emerging vision for the social movement.
- You have meetings to discuss the shared concern or the strongly desired change.
- You have a deepened understanding of the complexity of the situation, concern or problem; the vision for the social movement addresses this complexity.
- Others begin to feel a sense of community and begin participating in the social movement.
- Collaboration, trust and social bonds between change agents and others are becoming evident.
SOURCES: Bate et al., 2004a; Burbidge, 2017; Grinspun et al., 2018a; Serna Restrepo et al., 2018; Sustainable Improvement Team & Horizons Team, 2018.