- Determine the minimum acceptable level of knowledge use/adoption to new practice or intervention with staff (e.g., what would you consider as the minimum level of knowledge that health-care providers must acquire to proceed with a change in practice?).
- Identify key indicators that would allow your team to determine that the minimum acceptable level is reached.
- Consider how this minimum acceptable level impacts the outcomes you had set out to achieve as a result of introducing the new knowledge, practice, or intervention.
- Secure a plan on measuring knowledge use or intervention/practice uptake using at least one of the methods in this section (e.g., audit and feedback, observation, surveys).
- Determine the frequency and the time to which you will be administering these measures.
- Use validated and reliable measures wherever possible.