Here are some signs that you and your change team are making progress:
- you have identified the outcomes that will be measured to evaluate your change initiative.
- you have determined the number and type of indicators that can be feasibly used to evaluate outcomes.
- you have dedicated personnel or members of the change team to conduct these evaluations.
- you are routinely collecting and analyzing the data and regularly sharing the results with staff. Discussions of the data are used as opportunities to update on areas such as the outcomes of the practice change (i.e., outcome indicators) and/or the impact of the interventions used to support the practice change (i.e., process indicators).
- you are using the evaluation outcomes to drive organizational improvements.