About this event:
This webinar is designed to be a resource for cross-sector community, hospital and rural interdisciplinary professionals/teams with a shared focus on collaboratively engaging and recruiting best practice champions to implement best practice guidelines (BPG) using concepts such as framing and public visibility from the Social Movement Action (SMA) framework.
During this webinar, we will share our journey, successes, challenges and lessons learned from implementing BPGs during a global pandemic. We will also share how our team was able to learn and use various multimedia platforms to recruit champions, engage staff and create public visibility of our BPG initiatives.
During this presentation, participants will learn about:
- various multimedia approaches to engage and recruit BPG champions
- ways to create visually appealing videos that attract attention to Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) work
- how to build an information sharing video
About our organization:
CHEO is a pediatric hospital in Ottawa dedicated to the best life for every child and youth. CHEO is a global leader in pediatric health care and research, and they are in their pre-designation status as a BPSO. CHEO viewed BPSO designation as an opportunity to help transform nursing care at CHEO and to build on a strong record of nursing excellence.
CHEO is implementing the following five BPGs:
- Promoting Asthma Control in Children
- Assessment and Management of Pain
- Person- and Family-Centred Care
- Promoting and Supporting the Initiation, Exclusivity, and Continuation of Breastfeeding in Newborns, Infants and Young Children
- Vascular Access
Lorraine VanMunsteren, RN, BScN, Nurse Educator/Integrated Care and Delivery Department and BPSO, CHEO
Lindsey Vanderheiden, RN, MScN, Nurse Educator, Professional Practice, Float team (Nursing/HCA) and BPSO, CHEO