How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the button below, or using the email address provided. Please use the position title in the subject line.
FULLY VACCINATED IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.
The successful candidate will work remotely until RNAO determines that working from the office is safe, at which point we will gradually return to the office.
We thank all candidates for their applications, and qualified applicants will be contacted.
The Research Associate is a Registered Nurse who is an integral team member of the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario’s (RNAO) Research Unit. The primary function of the Research Associate is to conduct research activities based on assigned projects and/or programs, as well as support operational planning and administration of the RNAO Research Unit. As part of this role, the incumbent will work with interprofessional and cross functional teams as well as work independently to support health outcome research at RNAO.
- Support the development of research proposals and protocols, conduct basic data analyses, draft recommendations on research activities and develop reports and summaries
- Support RNAO Research Unit activities by developing and monitoring project plans and timelines based on research proposals, gather relevant information from collaborators, and organize working sessions
- Identify sources of research funding and liaise with information scientists, senior investigators, research leads and senior quality improvement experts to apply to relevant funding sources
- Ensure encryption and security of documents collected from different sources and review the quality of the information that is collected and analyzed for the research activities
- Search published and grey literature, conduct screening, data extraction, and methodological quality assessments of search results
- Develop consent letters and ethics committee letters and seek consents from participants in research studies and maintain comprehensive records
- Support the development of evaluation tools, ensure consistency in documentation and support the completion of online research application tools, including maintaining and submitting online curriculum vitae for project team members
- Contribute to the writing of research articles for publication, in collaboration with internal and external collaborators, including the coordination of manuscript circulation and feedback within the research team
- Produce work updates, status reports and presentations for staff and stakeholders as required, including reports to funding agencies and RNAO’s Chief Executive Officer for presentation to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate advisory groups or committees, facilitate meetings as required and follow-up on action items
- Work collaboratively with senior management, the data quality team, project coordinators and IT data base/web developers using strategic and tactical approaches to develop, implement, and maintain data base functionality and enhancements
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario
- Master’s degree in nursing, health research or a related field is required (thesis prepared preferred)
- In-depth, demonstrated, understanding of evidence-based nursing practice, and at least two (2) years of experience in a health-research environment
- Strong research, critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize and explain complex information in plain language
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented, ability to take responsibility for the management of all aspects of a research project, meet deadlines and progress with minimal supervision
- Strong computer and data management skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) SPSS, SAS, R or Python, NVivo and knowledgeable in developing surveys using online platforms
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively and effectively as both part of an interprofessional, cross-functional team and independently
- Capacity and willingness to learn new software programs and research methods
- Ability to prioritize, organize workload and respond to changing priorities as they emerge
- Workflow requires continuous re-prioritizing of workload, meeting multiple demands, and working overtime as required
- Continuous concentration is required to read, screen, and appraise a large volume of information daily, prepare data tables and summary reports, and to consult as appropriate
- Sight, touch and hearing are used to read, proofread, write, and analyze information and to answer enquiries
- Sitting is required frequently in the job for more than two (2) hours at a time to read and write information, work on the computer and attend meetings (virtual and in person)
- Travel for observation and data collection, including possibility of overnight stays and air travel may be required (travel reimbursement will be provided)
- Works in a climate-controlled office with some exposure to distractions, interruptions and stress from multiple demands
- Typical conditions are such that no risk or injury is present
RNAO is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who can help us build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. Accommodations are available to all candidates identifying a need during all or any parts of the selection process.