Membership outreach coordinator
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the button below, or email humanresources@RNAO.ca. Please use Membership Outreach Coordinator in the subject line.
FULLY VACCINATED IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.
The successful candidate will work remotely until RNAO determines that working from the office is safe, at which point we will gradually return to the office.
We thank all candidates for their applications, and qualified applicants will be contacted.
The primary function of the Membership Outreach Coordinator is to seek out opportunities to liaise with registered nurses, nurse practitioners and nursing students to develop and grow membership retention & recruitment programs for the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario. This is a Level 7 position under a Collective Agreement with the Canadian Office & Professional Employees Union, Local 343, with an annual starting salary of $63,874 with annual increments reaching $82,882 after four years, plus a full benefits package including a defined benefit pension plan.
- Prepare and make presentations to Regions, Regions without Chapters and Interest groups promoting membership services & benefits and where necessary meet with executives to resolve issues, and /or implement retention/recruiting activities
- Coordinate marketing of relevant programs including preparing advertisements, web news, social media or other means and arranging for dissemination to wide audience
- Facilitate recruitment and retention of new graduates using digital marketing initiatives, email, social media, flyers, presentations or other recruiting methods
- Coordinate Board of Directors Student Placement and Leadership Luncheon events at board meetings and AGM
- Identify members who qualify for Member Emeritus and 25 Year Club, preparing cards/certificates and awards for issuance to members on annual basis
- Coordinate the promotion of Recognition Awards and the judging process with the Member Recognition Award Committee
- Coordinate the Permanent Education Fund (PEF) program
- Provide support to volunteer executives to enable them to successfully fulfill their roles in membership and retention and recruitment
- Prepare reports for and present findings to the Board of Directors and Committees when called upon
- Provide membership support to the Membership & Services department by being a front line service representative for all enquiries, from members and non-members and providing follow-ups on a variety of issues
- Participate in the staffing of the RNAO booth at various conferences to promote membership in RNAO
- Assist coworkers by providing guidance and information, when necessary
- Provide reception backup when required
- Provide customer service to members, non-members and the public on a frequent basis conveying an image of excellent public relations service and support
- Other duties as required by this position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in marketing or relevant discipline and at least one year's related experience.
- Expert knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with digital marketing and expert use of social media
- Creativity to develop marketing collateral in a variety of formats
- Strong problem solving skills with good judgment
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to re-prioritize assignments and seek managerial guidance when necessary
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Word and Excel and experience with computerized database software
- Previous experience in customer service work, especially with call centre is a definite asset
- Familiarity with CiviCRM
- DevOps knowledge
- Knowledge of Docker-based local development environments like Lando
- Familiarity with accessibility best-practices
- Been an active member of an open-source web community
- Workflow requires re-prioritizing of workload, meeting multiple deadlines and working overtime as required
- Ability to work independently and under pressure of deadlines with maximum accuracy
- Travel within Ontario may be required
- Works in a climate-controlled office with some exposure to lack of privacy, noise, chemical substances, stress from multiple demands and strict deadlines
- Typical conditions are such that no risk of injury is present