- You are a master at developing creative learning solutions that go beyond the traditional boundaries of instructional design. This is a role where learning, technology and design intersect.
- You are a designer/thinker at heart. You understand the corporate world, adult learners, the importance of discovery and the power of digital learning. By liaising directly authors, understanding the working of our LMS, and aligning with the vision of our strategic direction, you will guide the vision of the innovative learning solutions you will be creating.
- Your participation in the development and implementation of cost effective/open source elearning solutions will improve the lives of RNAO staff and our external stakeholders.
- You are actively interested in the development and implementation of new and current standards and technologies to transform online interactions with RNAO.
- Working with a high-impact team, one that is striving to be a source of change within the organization, you will be constantly learning new technologies and techniques through research, experimentation and from your exceptional colleagues.
What you bring to the team
- You can confidently craft the right pedagogical solution that creates impact with an organization. Thinking in terms of UX/UI comes naturally to you. You are user-driven at all times, leading with empathy, and designing with purpose.
- You are familiar with designing courses within an LMS, preferably Moodle.
- You understand the digital world and what a media-rich digital experience can be, and you can pair that with the right learning solution.
- You know how to write learner-centric engaging content that translates the material developed by the authors into great e-learning experiences.
- You are intrigued by data-driven design and keen to use metrics to guide the course designs.
- You can see the big picture and come up with solutions within the implemented infrastructure.
- You embrace diversity and inclusion to help achieve the best results, knowing the best ideas come from everywhere and everyone.
- You are solution oriented, and know how to get the job done.
Why join the team
- work that makes an impact
- learning and development opportunities
- open and inclusive work environment
- comprehensive compensation package including a defined benefit pension plan
We will help you achieve your goals through continuous learning, professional development and support.
What you will be doing
- create user-focused, effective, practical, engaging and visually appealing courses that motivate learners and build knowledge and skill, with appropriate scaffolding of information and meaningful use of stories, case studies, knowledge checks, audio and visual elements, etc. in Moodle.
- collaborate with RNAO teams and departments to gather knowledge and content from subject matter experts to inform course development.
- develop, manage and maintain all eLearning courses for members, non-members, staff and stakeholders by incorporating creative, innovative ideas on how training and content is absorbed by learners.
- develop self-paced eLearning curriculums, story boards, job aids, online tutorials and assessments or evaluations.
- work with end-users to identify learner characteristics, behaviours or objectives and conduct user testing.
- edit content of existing online material for navigation, assessment, text and visual content and make recommendations for improvement.
- ensure all materials are SCORM, AODA and WCAG 2.0 compliant and follow copyright law.
- work with a multidisciplinary team of IM&T, communications, membership, policy, and nursing staff.
- provide knowledge transfer through documentation as well as in-person training of staff and users
What you know
- undergraduate or master's degree in educational technology or instructional design or related field and up to and five years experience in Learning Experience Design, instructional technology, or a similar role.
- proven skill in developing eLearning courses that appeal to a wide range of learners.
- knowledge or appreciation for information design.
- knowledge or appreciation for visual design.
- expertise in instructional technology (Moodle, Tutor) and multimedia authoring tools.
- knowledge of HTML.
- PHP, Drupal experience is an asset.
- experience with and appreciation of open-source software.
- project management experience an asset.
- excellent research and critical thinking skills.
- proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making.
- strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
This is a Level 8 position under a Collective Agreement with the Canadian Office & Professional Employees Union, Local 343, with an annual starting salary of $69,141 with annual increments reaching $87,799 after four years, plus a full benefits package including a defined benefit pension plan.