WHO WE ARE
The Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) is a socially innovative organization that aims to transform health care for Ontarians, Canadians and people worldwide. Working with the Information Management and Technology Team (IM&T), your passion for data and highly usable websites will help shape RNAO’s web presence. We own a number of public and internal facing digital products including web content management systems, a web publishing platform, online education software, online stores, nursing resources, customer relationship management systems and more.
- your passion for a data informed user experience will help direct the design, development and implementation of our internal and external web projects.
- your participation in the development and implementation of cost effective/open source web technology solutions and services will improve the lives of RNAO staff and our external stakeholders.
- you are actively interested in the development and implementation of new and current standards and technologies to transform online interactions with RNAO.
- working with a high-impact team, one that is striving to be a source of change within the organization, you will be constantly learning new technologies and techniques through research, experimentation and from your exceptional colleagues.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You have experience with Drupal. Drupal is your friend and when asked to implement a solution you can do it the Drupal way.
- You embrace new ideas that put users first to find the best solutions.
- You have a passion for data and user experience and understand that one informs the other.
- You can see the big picture and come up with solutions within the implemented infrastructure.
- You embrace diversity and inclusion to help achieve the best results, knowing the best ideas come from everywhere and everyone.
- You are solution oriented, and know how to get the job done.
WHY JOIN THE TEAM
- work that makes an impact
- learning and development opportunities
- open and inclusive work environment
- comprehensive compensation package including a defined benefit pension plan
- we will help you achieve your goals through continuous learning, professional development and support.
- work with a team of developers to install, maintain and upgrade RNAO's existing Drupal 7 and 8 websites, build new Drupal 9 sites, as needed
- identify and install additional modules, plug-ins and associated software to meet our needs.
- write and maintain custom Drupal modules as required to handle RNAO specific requirements
- provide technical expertise and technical solutions to projects and business requirements
- participate in project team meetings, share and brainstorm solutions and requirements
- work with a multidisciplinary team of IM&T, communications, membership, policy, and nursing staff
- provide knowledge transfer through documentation as well as in-person training of staff and users
- highly familiar with Open Source programs and protocols, specifically Drupal
- strong PHP development skills and strong knowledge of SQL
- experience with GNU/Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, and modern PHP development using Composer
- understanding of docker and familiarity with Lando
- experience with revision systems such as Git
- excellent verbal and written communication to interpret and explain complex information and to work with users with varying levels of expertise
- familiar with Agile project management methodology
- hold a university degree / college diploma in computer science or related area with 3 to 5 years related experience
- familiarity with CiviCRM is an asset
This is a Level 8 position under a Collective Agreement with the Canadian Office & Professional Employees Union, Local 343, with an annual starting salary of $69,141 with annual increments reaching $87,799 after four years, plus a full benefits package including a defined benefit pension plan.