- Your passion for a data will transform how the organization views and uses data. You will help create a cohesive interrelated family of databases and strive to instill a drive for data quality.
- Your enthusiasm for open source software solutions will enhance your ability to create data repositories that integrate with the enterprise technical architecture.
- You are actively interested in the development and implementation of new and current standards and technologies to transform online interactions with RNAO.
- Working with a high-impact team, one that is striving to be a source of change within the organization, you will be constantly learning new technologies and techniques through research, experimentation and from your exceptional colleagues.
What you bring to the team
- You are experienced at collecting data from from various sources to create a rich high quality data repository.
- You have a strong ability to understand data and develop the data models that will guide the design of the required data structures.
- You are highly comfortable with MySQL and familiar with ETL software in an open source software environment.
- You embrace new ideas that put users first to find the best solutions.
- You have a passion for data and user experience and understand that one informs the other.
- You can see the big picture and come up with solutions within the implemented infrastructure.
- You embrace diversity and inclusion to help achieve the best results, knowing the best ideas come from everywhere and everyone.
- You are solution oriented, and know how to get the job done.
Why join the team
- work that makes an impact
- learning and development opportunities
- open and inclusive work environment
- comprehensive compensation package including a defined benefit pension plan
We will help you achieve your goals through continuous learning, professional development and support.
What you will be doing
- work with a variety of internal partners in all areas of the organization to understand the data that drives their work to create data models and implement data structures in MySQL databases.
- work with the health research team to extract data from internal and external health data sources to build warehouses for machine learning projects.
- use ETL software to extract data from multiple sources and transform the data into usable formats and structures.
- provide technical expertise and technical solutions to projects and business requirements
- participate in project team meetings, share and brainstorm solutions and requirements
- work with a multidisciplinary team of IM&T, communications, membership, policy, and nursing staff
- provide knowledge transfer through documentation as well as in-person training of staff and users
What you know
- university degree or college diploma in computer science, information science, applied mathematics or related area or combination of education, experience and/or training.
- up to five years’ experience with databases and database software.
- demonstrated knowledge of “big data” concepts including data warehousing and database design.
- superior knowledge of databases, database software and database languages, including knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases.
- comfortable working in a predominantly Linux environment. MariaDB, Drupal, Airflow, Redash, CiviCRM, PHP, Python and Git.
- skilled in writing complex queries in SQL, as well as performing data analysis, data profiling, data mapping and data integration.
- enthusiastic about using open-source software alternatives
- well organized and detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- possess analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- knowledge of advanced statistical analysis and concepts, and how to apply them to data sets.
- knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms (clustering, decision tree learning, etc.)
This is a Level 8 position under a Collective Agreement with the Canadian Office & Professional Employees Union, Local 343, with an annual starting salary of $69,141 with annual increments reaching $87,799 after four years, plus a full benefits package including a defined benefit pension plan.