Using the Toolkit to Enhance Governance and Leadership Roles
The Nurse Executive Leader Toolkit provides resources to help you:
- Determine the impact of establishing and developing the nurse executive role to its full scope, in light of the nurse executive’s newly mandated role and responsibilities.
- Consider the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) as they accommodate the various impacts of the mandated change.
- Identify the legal and regulatory issues involved with the new role and responsibilities of nurse executives in Ontario hospitals / acute care settings or public health units.
- Create a customized Reporting Template for Priority Indicators, and / or presentation using the templates and exemplars provided.
- Establish a plan to clearly identify and communicate the nurse executive’s new role and responsibilities within hospital/acute care settings or public health units.
- Create a sustainable budget to develop and optimize the nurse executive role in hospital / acute care settings or public health units.
- Use the peer-generated Nurse Executive Role and Responsibilities Framework and the Nurse Executive Self-Assessment Tool to identify areas of strength as well as areas that require growth over time. Compare current self-assessments with benchmark indicators or previous assessments.
- Consider innovative roles for nurse executives, and advocate for further enabling legislative and regulatory changes.
We invite your feedback and proposed changes for future revisions of this toolkit, in the evaluation section provided.