Professional Development: Effectiveness as a Member of the Board / Senior Management Team
How do effective nurse executives:
- Conduct self-evaluation
- Develop their professional learning plan
- Engage in life-long learning
- Using the Nurse Executive Self- Assessment Tool and the Nurse Executive Role and Responsibilities Framework to identify areas of strength and areas for continued growth.
- Using the College of Nurses of Ontario’s reflective practice tools
- Engaging in professional development opportunities (ie. Fellowships, collaboratives, research, sabbaticals)