Tools for NP Implementation
Regardless if a hospital is starting to use NPs or is ready to enhance an already existing and well-defined NP program, selection of the most appropriate tools to implement NP authority is vital to an effective, efficient and integrated plan. Key questions for hospitals to consider when implementing NP inpatient authority are outlined below.
Some tools have a better “fit” for one hospital compared to another and since Ontario hospitals serve a variety of populations with different types of hospitals, this Toolkit provides a set of tools from a representative sample of “early adopter” hospitals who have successfully implemented NP authority to treat and discharge hospital inpatients. These hospitals range from large urban teaching hospitals and rehab institutes, to smaller community hospitals.
- Tools from NPAO
- Tools from Lakeridge Health
- Admit Discharge Chart
- Board_Changes and Implications for NP Practice and Optimizing Access
- CE LHIN Transfers between LTCH and Hospitals during OB Process Map
- Innovation in the NP-led Model of Care at LH Whitby
- Nurse Practitioners Maximize Their Role At Lakeridge Health Whitby
- Tools from St. Michael’s Hospital
- Tools from Baycrest - Under Development
- Tools from London Health Sciences Centre - Under Development
- Tools from Hospital for Sick Children - Under Development
In addition to the exemplars above, the following web-based tools are recommended for NPs practicing in hospital settings: BOOST Assessment Tools
|Canadian Nurses Protective Services Presentation 2012||269.24 KB|