Urgent Call to Peel Chapter RNAO Members for Deputations on Proposed Closure of 12 Municipal Child Care Centres
January 24, 2012
RNAO joins the Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care and Campaign 2000 in asking our members from Peel to make their voices heard about the proposed closure of all twelve regionally-operated child care centres in Peel Region. Peel Regional Council will be voting on whether to close these 859 child care spaces on Thursday, January 26, 2012 based on a KPMG report.
How to make Your Voice Heard:
- Apply to speak to the Regional Council at the meeting on Thursday January 26, 9:30 a.m. Please apply as soon as possible – deadline to register to speak is noon on Wednesday January 25.
- You must apply in writing by filling out the form at:
- If you cannot attend the regional council meeting, please write a letter to the clerk and it will be distributed to every Councillor: email@example.com
- Contact your Councillor by phone—numbers are available at http://www.peelregion.ca/council/councill/
- Check out these Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care Informational Resources:
Flyer for Parents
Background Notes for Peel Deputations
Compelling Letter by RNAO Peel Chapter, Past President, Jannine Bolton to the Peel Council on Child Care
Council of the Regional Municipality of Peel, Agenda, January 26, 2012
Criscione, P. (2012). Will childcare centres be axed? January 19, 2012
Grewal, S. (2012). Peel Region report recommends closing daycares. Toronto Star, January 20, 2012.
Facebook group please see: www.facebook.com/savepeelchildcare
Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care