The Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) & the Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion (OAHPP) were pleased to co-host the 1st Annual Public Health Nursing Summit on April 27, 2010.
The 1st Annual Public Health Summit was a one-day public health nurse leadership summit that brought together Ontario’s top leaders and researchers in public health to promote population health and Public Health Nurses (PHNs) as important components of the health system. The Summit was held at 89 Chestnut Residence in Toronto, Ontario.
1. Welcome, Introductions, Set Course for the Day
2. The Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion (OAHPP)
The role of the OAHPP in reducing health inequities
3. Panel focused on connections between community-based initiatives and public health led initiatives.
4. Facilitated discussion at tables
5. Research Trends in Advancing Public Health Nursing, Reducing Inequities and Improving Population Health
Invited speakers include:
6. Update from the Ministry