Cost of Interest Group: $35; $17.50 for undergraduate nursing students
Web site: http://www.pednig.ca/
PedNIG strives to strengthen the profession of Nursing in Ontario by supporting and representing action on behalf of Pediatric Nurses with respect to Pediatric Nursing and Pediatric Health Care in collaboration with the Board of Directors of Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO).
- To advocate for the health care needs of children and their families.
- To enhance Pediatric Nursing in Ontario through promotion of research-based nursing practice.
- To support Pediatric Nursing in Ontario to address issues important to the advancement of Pediatric Nursing.
- To assist the RNAO in its quest to represent the Nursing profession to government, other health care providers and the public.
- To provide continuing education and information about professional development resources to Pediatric Nurses in Ontario.
- PedNIG developed a new website in Winter 2011 in order to enhance communication to its membership.
- Members now have access to a member’s only section on the website to access special funding opportunities for continuing education, research and conferences.
- Education bursaries are awarded through the Registered Nurses Foundation of Ontario (RNFOO) as of 2007.
- PedNIG hosts a well attended National Pediatric nursing Conference “Child First, Patient Second” on a biennial basis.
- The interest Group dedicates itself to provide specialized education opportunities for members.
Contact: Larissa Beney-Gadsby PedNIG Chair