Cost of Interest Group: $30; free for undergraduate nursing students
Objectives of PCNIG
- To be the provincial voice of nurses working in palliative care in Ontario
- To promote palliative care as a specialty and lobby for all aspects of palliative care e.g. bereavement
- To promote nursing in palliative care
- To raise awareness about palliative care and dispel myths associated with palliative care, through the activities of the group
- To collaborate with the RNAO to aid in the development of guidelines and standards through the promotion of the domains of practice (CHPCA Model)
- To collaborate with provincial associated bodies: Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) and the provincial Palliative Care Networks on common issues related to palliative care where a strong united voice is required.
- To support the national association CHPCA (Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association) Nurses Interest Group in their vision and mission
- To act as a road map and networking opportunities for nurses seeking a career, education, research or mentorship in palliative care
Immediate Past President – Lesley Hirst
President – Kim Rogers
Treasurer – Nisha Sutherland
Communications and Membership co-chairs – Michael Reid and Yessica Rivera Belsham
Student Representative – Yessica Rivera Belsham
Positions vacant: Applications are welcome:
Political and Policy officer
If you are interested in becoming part of the executive please email the executive to receive an application/nomination form.
To download a copy of the Position Statement on Sedation in Palliative Care please access the website link http://pcnig.rnao.ca/ news tab.