Queen's Park Day 2017
Members of the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) returned to Queen’s Park for the 17th Annual Queen’s Park Day on February 23, 2017. Members were thrilled with the opportunity to engage their elected representatives and see the political process at work. They shared information on:
- fully utilizing RNs and NPs to their full scope of practice;
- a national pharmacare program;
- health system transformation;
- access to supervised injection services;
- decent work for better health; and
- addressing environmental determinants of health.
As we previous Queen’s Park Days, members had the opportunity to tour the historic building and attend Question Period. In the afternoon, they heard directly from the Minister of Health and the Opposition Party Leaders regarding their views on nursing, health care, and the social and environmental determinants of health, as well as from Ontario's Patient Ombudsman.
View our photo gallery from 2017's Queen’s Park Day.