Queen's Park Day 2016
The Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) will be returning to Queen’s Park for the 16th Annual Queen’s Park Day to be held on February 25, 2016.
Members are thrilled with the opportunity to engage their elected representatives and see the political process at work.
Given the positive feedback with the location change last year for Queen’s Park Day, the Ontario Room in the McDonald Block will again be used for lunch and for the presentations by political party leaders and health minister/critics.
Members will share information on the need for:
- health system restructuring to devolve the functions of CCACs to the LHINs and to primary care and to enhance the mandate of LHINs to include public health, home care and primary care;
- legislative amendments to support RN prescribing;
- the need to eliminate salary and benefit inequities between primary care NPs and NPs in other health sectors;
- strengthening right-to-know about exposure to toxics; and,
- improvements needed to social determinants of health like more affordable housing.
Tours of the historic building by QP staff will again be offered. Of course, as in past RNAO Queen’s Park Days, our members will attend Question Period and later in the afternoon, and hope to hear directly from the Opposition Party Leaders, the Opposition Health critics and the Premier and Minister of Health regarding their views on nursing, health care and the social and environmental determinants of health.
Queen’s Park Day 2016 will be busy but the experience will be very positive and worthwhile for our members.
View our photo gallery of Queen’s Park Day 2016.