Tell Minister Hoskins to Stop RN Replacement
Over 18,000 respondents have written to Minister Hoskins and asked him to put the brakes on RN replacement. Now it's your turn. Please sign the action alert and add your voice to our list.
Due to the inaction of the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, RN replacement in Ontario has become critical. The latest catastrophe is the replacement of RNs - specialized in neonatal intensive care (NICU) - with RPNs at St. Joseph’s Healthcare in Hamilton.
Have you voiced your opinion? We urge you to sign the action alert to stop cost saving experimentation with vulnerable babies and ask Minister Hoskins to immediately mandate that St. Joseph’s Healthcare reverse its decision. Furthermore, we ask Minister Hoskins to issue a letter to all hospitals placing a moratorium on RN replacement with RPNs.
To read more about the replacement of RNs with RPNs at St. Joseph’s Hamilton, see: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6375253-nursing-cuts-st-joes-replaces-rns-with-rpns-in-neonatal-intensive-care
We can't allow this to happen. In the name of patient safety, we must do all we can to stop RN replacement.
- Sign the action alert below addressed to:
- Premier Kathleen Wynne;
- Honourable Minister Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care;
- Patrick Brown, Leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario;
- Andrea Horwath, Leader of the New Democratic Party of Ontario;
- Jeff Yurek, PC Critic – Health and Long-Term Care;
- France Gélinas, NDP Critic – Health and Long-Term Care
- Retweet our CEO Dr.Doris Grinspun’s tweet #StopRNreplacement: http://bit.ly/21Xa3Vw