Important decisions are being made about Canadian health care, and your voice must be heard
On October 18, federal, provincial and territorial health ministers will meet in Toronto to negotiate a new health accord. This meeting provides a golden opportunity to push for things that will help improve Canada’s health system such as:
a) increases in federal health payments to provinces and territories to support necessary health services; and
b) conditions on those payments to stop user fees and to deliver essential services that are currently not part of our system.
For example, pharmacare, home care and ensuring interprofessional primary care for everyone will make our national health system even better.
Here is how you can help:
Sign the editable action alert below addressed to Hon. Jane Philpott, Federal Health Minister and to Hon. Eric Hoskins, Ontario's Health Minister.
Copies will be sent to:
- Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
- Hon. Rona Ambrose, Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada
- Hon. Tom Mulcair, Leader of the New Democratic Party of Canada
- Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party of Canada
- Rhéal Fortin, Acting Leader of Bloc Québécois
- Hon. Dr. Kellie Leitch, Health Critic of the Conservative Party of Canada
- Don Davies, Health Critic of the New Democratic Party of Canada
- Hon. Kathleen Wynne, Ontario Premier.
- Patrick Brown, Leader, Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario
- Andrea Horwath, Leader, New Democratic Party of Ontario
- Jeff Yurek, Health Critic, Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario
- France Gélinas, Health Critic, New Democratic Party of Ontario
Share this action alert with your family, friends, neighbours, and networks and urge them to sign.