This toolkit outlines flexible, evidenced-based reference for nurses and other healthcare providers wishing to integrate eHealth technology into their organizations. It describes a thorough implementation process that has its underpinnings in client care delivery, information sciences, and change management.
Who is this Toolkit designed for?
The users of this Toolkit will include nurses and other healthcare professionals with a desire to improve client care and health delivery through the use of eHealth.
The toolkit views eHealth in terms of an innovation for practice, and be grounded from a socio-technical perspective. Similarly, the toolkit will also examine other aspects of eHealth innovation which are sometimes undervalued or missed in planning process – these include change management, knowledge professionalism, assessing complex/chaotic environments, and the socio-technical interactions of people and technology.
Each section includes a set of comprehensive strategies to successfully address eHealth Innovation.
- Chapter 1 Introduction to the eHealth Toolkit
- Chapter 2 Nursing and eHealth
- Chapter 3 People and the Organization
- Chapter 4 Organizational Building Blocks for eHealth: Project Management
- Chapter 5 Organizational Building Blocks for eHealth: Change Management
- Chapter 6 Steps to Selecting and Buying eHealth Systems
- Chapter 7 The people, Organization and the Innovation
- Chapter 8 Evaluation Strategies