Palliative Care Nurses Interest Group (PCNIG)
Cost of Interest Group: $30; free for undergraduate nursing students
Objectives of PCNIG
1. To be the provincial voice of nurses working in palliative care in Ontario
2. To promote palliative care as a specialty and lobby for all aspects of palliative care e.g. bereavement
3. To promote nursing in palliative care
4. To raise awareness about palliative care and dispel myths associated with palliative care, through the activities of the group
5. To collaborate with the RNAO to aid in the development of guidelines and standards through the promotion of the domains of practice (CHPCA Model)
6. To collaborate with provincial associated bodies: Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) and the provincial Palliative Care Networks on common issues related to palliative care where a strong united voice is required.
7. To support the national association CHPCA (Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association) Nurses Interest Group in their vision and mission
8. To act as a road map and networking opportunities for nurses seeking a career, education, research or mentorship in palliative care
President - Lesley Hirst, RGN (UK, RN, MN, MSc, OCN (R)
Immediate Past President - Amanda MacLennan, RN, MSc, CON (C), CHPCN (C)
Treasurer - Nisha Sutherland, RN, PhD (Cand)
President Elect - Kelly Hubbard RN BScN MHSc CHPCN (C)
Political and Policy Officer - Kim Rogers RN, BA, CHPCN (C)
Membership Officer - Kwin Bhinder, RN, BScN, MSc (cand)
Communications and Student Officer - Yessica Rivera Belsham
If you are interested in becoming part of the executive please email the executive to receive an application/nomination form.
To download a copy of the Position Statement on Sedation in Palliative Care please access the website link http://pcnig.rnao.ca/ news tab.