Ontario Family Practice Nurses (OFPN)
“To promote and support the professional role of the Registered Nurse in Family Practice”
Contact: Sheena Howard firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of Interest Group: $50; Free for undergraduate nursing students; $20 for new grads and retirees
OFPN Membership Registration Form ** Please complete and return this form even if you have joined RNAO**
OFPN Executive 2016-2018
President: Sheena Howard
Past President: Judie Surridge
Vice President: Carolyn Vardy
Communications: Kelly Pensom
Membership: Jennifer Bugera
Secretary: Janet Probst
Treasurer: Sue Finnie
Member(s) at Large: vacant
Lizanne Bertrand-Holley - London
Ottawa - Doreen O'Sullivan
About the Ontario Family Practice Nurses Interest Group
Objectives and Goals
- To represent the interest of nurses concerned with family practice/primary care
- To promote excellence in, and expand the knowledge base of family practice/primary care nursing by providing relevant, up to date information and mechanisms for the exchange of knowledge and information
- To provide a forum for networking
- To discuss common concerns and challenges in the area of family practice/primary care nursing
- To act as a nurse resource for individuals or groups on issues concerning family practice/primary care nursing
Membership in the OFPN interest group is open to all nurses with an interest in Family Practice/Primary Care nursing. Members receive information relevant to Family Practice/Primary Care nursing and notification of related educational opportunities.
The membership includes membership in the Canadian Family Practice Nurses Association (CFPNA). For more information about CFPNA, please check their website at www.cfpna.ca.
OFPN and CFPNA continue to develop a collaborative relationship with RNAO, the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) as well as the Ontario College of Family Physicians (OCFP) and the Canadian College of Family Physicians (CCFP).
Registered Nurses working in Family Practice / Primary Care face unique challenges. By joining the OFPN/CFPNA you will grow professionally and feel supported by many other nurses sharing the same issues; “valuing quality outcomes, professionalism, collaborative practice and a patient/family-centered approach to care from birth to end of life”.
For those who do not register through RNAO, registration and fee payment is available through our website at www.ofpn.ca
Jennifer Bugera; OFPN Membership Chair
- Family Practice: A Nursing Perspective
- The Importance of the Registered Nurse in Family Practice in a Transformed Health Care System in Ont
Get the presentations from the Spring 2014 conference below.