This institute provides opportunities to learn about the best practices in wound care through interactive dialogue with experts and through case studies, demonstrations and hands-on application labs.
Now with clinical and program planning streams. Get information on the clinical stream
Program Planning Stream
This stream focuses on leadership capacity in wound care best practice guideline implementation and evaluation (geared to those with managerial and leadership roles).
To reduce the physiological, psychological, and the fiscal burden of wounds throughout Ontario by building leadership capacity in wound care BPG implementation and evaluation.
- To enhance leadership in wound care BPG implementation and evaluation
- To provide mentorship regarding the development of business/program planning; policies; and surveillance in all sectors of health care in Ontario
- To build a foundation of innovation, allowing each individual participant to develop initial plans for future successful implementation of BPGs in their workplaces
- To build an awareness of the 'metrics' and 'surveillance' of wound care assessment and management
- To learn how to apply principles of project management for guideline implementation within the workplace
- Opportunities for interaction with faculty and other participants from across the continuum of care
- Inclusion of current evidence to support practice
- Integration of supervised practice leading to skill development
- Interactive learning experience
- Knowledge transfer and changing nursing practice
- Leadership project management.
Course cost includes:
Please do not contact the Hilton to arrange for a hotel room. This will be booked on your behalf when you register. The deadline to submit names to the hotel is January 27, 2017 so book today to confirm your spot in the institute!
If you have questions about the program, please email Grace Wong, event planner.