Learn proven effective tobacco intervention counseling techniques and brief intervention strategies that will make a difference to your clients. Join a network of Tobacco Intervention Best Practice Guideline Champions for ongoing consultation and resources.
This course focuses on applying tobacco cessation interventions and will provide you with the skills, tools and resources to help with implementation of evidence-based practice in tobacco cessation.
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe RNAO best practice guidelines and TI Initiative
- Identify the leadership role of a Best Practice Champion
- Explain the basics of tobacco dependence
- Identify key recommendations in the RNAO tobacco cessation BPG
- Demonstrate interventions/strategies through case study examples
- List different types of tobacco cessation medications
- Discuss use of the “Toolkit: Implementation of Best Practice Guidelines” when integrating tobacco cessation best practices into organizational settings
Manon Lemonde (RN, PhD) Interim Director, Nursing Programs & Associate Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)