Topic: Respiratory Impacts of Smoking
Moumita Sarkar has over 12 years of professional experience in diverse areas such as health, education, knowledge transfer and prevention strategies. Moumita holds a PhD from the University of Toronto with a collaborative degree in Addiction Medicine. Her doctoral thesis focused on use of evidence-based screening strategies to identify women exposed to alcohol and other recreational drugs. Since 2000, she has held the position of Co-ordinator for the Alcohol and Substance Use Helpline with The Motherisk Program, Hospital for Sick Children.
- A general overview of Motherisk services for pre and postnatal women including stats on usage as well as provincial and national reach
- Scope of the smoking during pregnancy and lactation
- Effect of nicotine on pregnancy and breast feeding
- Case presentations
- Pharmacotherapy for smoking cessation in pregnancy and lactation - safety and effectiveness
- Impact of second hand smoke in pregnancy and lactation
For registration information please contact Sara Da Silva.