Learn about what's involved to execute a fulsome a successful project, including how to develop a project plan, assign milestones, and working through a project charter. This is a one-day program for nurses in managerial and leadership roles to understand the phases of the project management process.
By the end of this session, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the role of project management and the project manager in health-care environments.
- Discuss the key challenges related to managing projects in a health-care environment and how to overcome them using project management processes.
- Understand the five phases of the project management process and 10 knowledge areas.
- Use project management tools, resources and templates to support effective planning, implementation, monitoring and sustainability of projects.
- Interactive activity (completing a Project Charter, Communications Plan)
- Small group discussion
Janet Chee, RN, BScN, MN, PMP
Fee includes: program materials and resources, meals (breakfast, morning break, lunch, afternoon break).
Please email Grace Wong, Event Planner, at gwong@RNAO.ca should you have any questions about this workshop.