This series will consist of 4 interrelated webinars - each session will build and expand on the content contained in the previous sessions. The webinars will be archived following each session. This hour-long webinar is intended for (all nurses) to (increase their knowledge of LGBTQ culture and history).
This session will focus on the (Respectful Care and Support for LGBTQ Clients and Colleagues) and will provide you with the insight on the (LGBTQ culture and history).
During this course, participants will learn how to:
- increased understanding of the historical oppression of LGBTQ people in Canada and its effect on health and wellness
- reflection on personal attitudes in order to create increased empathy and sensitivity towards LGBTQ people
- increased knowledge of LGBTQ culture and history
- increased knowledge of inclusive language and terminology
- increased clinical knowledge and skills for serving LGBTQ people
- increased knowledge about how to make their health care setting a "Positive Space"
Presenter(s): The International Affairs and Best Practice Guidelines Centre is pleased to partner with members of the Rainbow Nursing Interest Group to provide an informative webinar series on Respectful Care and Support for LGBTQ Clients and Colleagues.
The webinar will be hosted by the RNAO and RNIG's Dianne Roedding and Jean Clipsham.
Part 1 – January 14, 2015 - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm – Introduction to LGBTQ culture and terminology
Part 2 – February 4, 2015 - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm – Reflecting on personal attitudes and values
Part 3 – February 25, 2015 - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm – Every space a positive space
Part 4 – March 25, 2015 - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm – More on supporting trans clients and colleagues