*** Please note:
Online registration closes on January 25, 2017. Register today to secure your spot as spaces are limited.
When making practice change, nurses often focus on the implementation of a new practice, rather than considering the importance of planning for evaluation. This workshop will inspire nurses involved in clinical projects and practice change activities to integrate principles of evaluation throughout the change process. Get the skills to be able to interpret analyze and leverage evaluation data.
This workshop is designed for nursing clinicians and practice leaders to gain an ability to conceptualize evaluation in relation to practice change.
The focus of this course is on the creation and selection of relevant performance measures and the creation of an evaluation plan.
Participants will learn:
- Gain a foundational understanding of performance measures
- Determine approaches to monitor and evaluate evidence-based practice changes:
- Select and create relevant measures
- Identify the link between best-practice guideline recommendations and performance measures
- Understand the data lifecycle
- Create a data lifecycle management plan
- Understand the importance of evaluation prior to implementation
- Describe opportunities and challenges associated with the scale and spread of evaluation
- Gain an understanding of how to interpret, utilize and leverage your evaluation data to support practice change
- Facilitated dialogue
- Opportunities to apply theory to real-life clinical situations
- Small and large group discussion
- Reference material for future use
Gurjit Toor, RN, MPH