Designing and Delivering Effective Education Programs
Designing and Delivering Effective Education Programs is a 5-day course designed for health care professionals who educate staff or patients/families to develop the knowledge and skills of how to design and deliver effective education programs.
This program is designed to be highly interactive and build on basic skills that participants have already acquired throughout their professional careers and roles. Throughout the program, there will be several opportunities to learn from the experience and expertise of participants, as well as expert program facilitators.
Through the course, we will focus on the both the content and the process of developing education programs. It has been designed for participants to benefit from the program content and enjoy the process of learning. RNAO is proud to bring you this innovative course so you can continue to build your confidence, knowledge and capacity as a nursing professional.
During this course, participants will learn how to:
- Describe the role of the educator in the change process
- Demonstrate a beginning knowledge of conducting a needs assessment of the learner, the learning environment and the practice environment.
- Demonstrate basic program development skills, the program planning process and basic design skills required by an educator.
- Describe the importance of evaluation in education programs.
- Create session plans that address learner needs
- Apply the principles of adult education
- Demonstrate appropriate feedback skills.
This program is designed to be highly interactive and build on basic skills that participants have already acquired throughout their professional careers and roles. You will learn from the experience and expertise of participants, as well as expert program facilitators.
Develop skills that are immediately applicable to your role as an educator.