This is part 2 of a 5 part series. Go to module 1 to register now.
A five-part series designed for nurses and other health-care professionals who want to increase their knowledge of chronic disease management. It will provide foundational knowledge of evidence-based practices in relation to chronic disease management.
This webinar learning series consists of a two hour learning module once a week for five consecutive weeks. Each module will commence with an overview and description of a model, theory or concept known to be relevant and effective to the management of chronic disease. Following this, an exploration of how organizations have applied such models, theories or concepts into practice will take place. Modules will be facilitated by researchers, educators and leaders from various health-care settings.
Please note that the webinar series will not be reviewing pathophysiology or clinical skills in relation to specific disease, but rather core skills required across diseases and populations.
Module 2 focus
- Identification of the role of self-management support in managing chronic disease
- Outline of the 5 A’s of behavioural change model
- Understand the process of implementing evidence-based self-management support interventions into a chronic disease program
- The role of the nurse in providing self-management support enabled through technology
The fee for this webinar learning series includes:
- One web/ phone connection for each learning session x 5 consecutive weeks (dial-in number for each call is toll free)
- Chronic Disease Management Webinar Learning Series: Back to Basics readings and resource list
- Certificate of completion
For further information email Andrea Stubbs, project coordinator.