This institute provides opportunities to learn about the best practices in wound care through interactive dialogue with experts and through case studies, demonstrations and hands-on application labs. Now with foundational and advanced streams.
The advanced stream focuses on leadership capacity in wound care best practice guideline implementation and evaluation (geared to those with wound care experience or previous RNAO wound care institute attendees).
To reduce the physiological, psychological, and the fiscal burden of wounds throughout Ontario by building leadership capacity in wound care BPG implementation and by building on the knowledge and skills learned at the foundational Wound Care Institute.
- To enhance leadership in wound care BPG implementation and evaluation
- To provide mentorship regarding the development of business/program planning; reasearch; policies; and surveillance in all sectors of health care in Ontario
- To build a foundation of innovation, allowing each individual participant to develop initial plans for future successful implementation of BPG's in their workplaces
- To build an awareness of the metrics' and 'surveillance' of wound care assessment and management
- To learn how to apply the guideline implementation framework outlined in the RNAO Toolkit: Implementation of Best Practice Guidelines. 2nd Ed., to support wound care best practices