The eHealth Champion Network is a key component of the Project’s comprehensive approach to capacity building among nurses across all health-care sectors and settings. The goal of the eHealth Champion Network is to increase nurses’ adoption and effective utilization of eHealth resources in point-of-care activities and to foster peer collaboration and mentorship The Network is comprised of nurses throughout the province who promote peer learning through their contributions to the eNewsletter eHealth for Every Nurse and their participation in the RNAO Community of Practice and eHealth Champion Workshops.
eHealth Champions Workshops
eHealth Champions are nurses and other stakeholders who are passionate about leveraging technology to improve nursing practice and client care in their organization through:
- raising awareness and increasing knowledge among nurses and others about eHealth and its link to quality patient care;
- supporting nurses and others in eHealth adoption activities within their organization;
- facilitating organization-wide eHealth adoption
Why get involved?
Become an eHealth leader! If you are interested in learning how eHealth can lead to better quality care or if you are already involved in eHealth implementation or an existing eHealth Champion, than these workshops are for you.
The one-day eHealth Champions Level 1 Workshop is designed to recruit new members to the Network. Participants in this Workshop are educated about the relationships between eHealth and nursing and the potential benefits of leveraging technology to promote quality health care and enhance their patients’ health outcomes. The curriculum developed for the Level 1 Workshops includes the following topics:
- basic eHealth concepts
- Ontario’s eHealth vision
- provincial and national eHealth initiatives
- eHealth applications in nursing practice
- role of the eHealth Champion in increasing eHealth awareness in practice settings
The one-day eHealth Champions Level 2 Workshop expands the knowledge and skill level of existing eHealth Champions to equip them for more active involvement in all stages of the eHealth implementations.
Participants in this Workshop are educated about the relationships between eHealth and nursing and the potential benefits of leveraging technology to promote quality health care and enhance their patients’ health outcomes. Level 2 Workshops address the following topics:
- stakeholder engagement
- change management
- optimizing electronic documentation
- using data to enhance care planning and quality improvement
- strategies for advancing the eHealth Champion role
For or a list of upcoming eHealth workshop dates and locations please visit our events calendar.