This peer-to-peer network will increase engagement and use of Electronic Medical Records in Family Practice Offices with physicians and family practice nurses/nurse practitioners and in Nurse Practitioner-led clinics.
OntarioMD and RNAO will also support the role of a Senior Nurse Peer Leader a Senior Physician Peer Leader to provide overall clinical leadership to the other Peer Leaders.
The Senior Nurse Peer Leader will:
- Be involved in planning and implementing the RNAO-OntarioMD Collaborative Peer Leader Project
- Provide overall clinical and eHealth leadership to the other Peer Leaders
Our first phase of this project is to recruit 22 family practice nurse and nurse practitioner peer leaders. These new leaders will be trained to:
- Provide mentoring support to nurses and others in family practice settings;
- Act as 'eHealth champions' at educational and knowledge exchange events;
- Contribute to project related requirements to enhance EMR awareness and engagement.
This is a Canada Health Infoway funded project, sponsored by OntarioMD and the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) in collaboration with eHealth Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.