Ontario Family Practice Nurses (OFPN)
“To promote and support the professional role of the Registered Nurse in Family Practice”
Contact: Carolyn Vardy email@example.com
Cost of Interest Group: $50 ($30 for students)
OFPN Membership Registration Form **Please complete return this form even if you have joined RNAO**
OFPN Executive 2014 - 2016
- President: Suzanne Braithwaite
- Vice President (Acting President): Carolyn Vardy
- Past President: Judie Surridge
- Secretary: Kelly Pensom
- Treasurer: Sue Finnie
- Membership: Jennifer Bugera
- Communications: Kelly Pensom, Barb Thompson
- Member at Large - Judith Manson
Lizanne Bertrand-Holley - London
Doreen O’Sullivan - Ottawa
About the Ontario Family Practice Nurses Interest Group
Objectives and Goals
- To represent the interest of nurses concerned with Family Practice
- To promote excellence in Family Practice Nursing by providing mechanisms for the exchange of knowledge and information
- To expand the knowledge base of Family Practice Nursing by providing relevant, up to date information
- To provide a forum for networking
- To discuss common concerns and challenges in the area of Family Practice Nursing
- To act as a nursing resource for individuals or groups on issues concerning Family Practice Nursing
Membership in the OFPN interest group is open to all nurses with an interest in Family Practice/Primary Care nursing. Members receive information relevant to Family Practice/Primary Care nursing and notification of related educational opportunities.
The membership includes membership in the Canadian Family Practice Nurses Association (CFPNA). For more information about CFPNA, please check their website at www.cfpna.ca.
OFPN and CFPNA continue to develop a collaborative relationship with RNAO, the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) as well as the Ontario College of Family Physicians (OCFP) and the Canadian College of Family Physicians (CCFP).
Registered Nurses working in Family Practice / Primary Care face unique challenges. By joining the OFPN/CFPNA you will grow professionally and feel supported by many other nurses sharing the same issues; “valuing quality outcomes, professionalism, collaborative practice and a patient/family-centered approach to care from birth to end of life”.
For those who do not pay their OFPN membership fees through RNAO, you may mail in the registration form with a cheque for $50 made out to Ontario Family Practice Nurses.
Jennifer Bugera: OFPN Membership Chair
- Family Practice: A Nursing Perspective
- The Importance of the Registered Nurse in Family Practice in a Transformed Health Care System in Ont
Get the presentations from the Spring 2014 conference below.