Complementary Therapies Nurses' Interest Group (CTNIG)
Cost of Interest Group: $25.00 RNs $10.00 Retired/New Grad/Free for Nursing Students
Web Site: http://www.rnao-ctnig.org
We are a professional group for registered nurses practicing, or are interested in complementary therapies.
Complementary Therapies (CT) are becoming a part of health care for more people. More nurses are using CT in their practice. Nurses in the growing field of CT can benefit from sharing their experiences with one another and developing common strategies.
The RNAO by fulfilling its mandate of "speaking out for health, speaking out for nursing", is supporting, acting as a resource for and raising the profile of nurses who practice Complementary Therapies.
To have Complementary Therapies (CT) recognized, incorporated and integrated into nursing and health care in Ontario.
Recognizing that nursing involves a holistic approach whereby all persons are an integrated mindbodyspirit entity, the Complementary Therapies Nurses' Interest Group (CTNIG) promotes the practice of CT as part of nursing practice. The CTNIG does this through support, recognition, networking, research, and political action as well as education opportunities related to CT for nurses and the public.
- Provide vision, support, direction, and leadership for the advancement of CT in nursing practice, education, research, administration and political arenas.
- Honour the advancement of CT in nursing practice, education, research, administration and political arenas.
- Interact with consumers, health care professionals and related health care organizations and health care systems for the advancement of CT.
- Influence the Ontario and Canadian health care systems through political action to integrate CT as part of quality, comprehensive health care.
- Support nurses to engage in self-care practices.
- Promote quality of work life for nurses through integration of CT in the workplace.
Benefits of Membership
- For self care
- To receive words of encouragement and support from others who value complementary therapies
- To find allies and new ideas on how to further raise awareness of complementary therapies
- To keep your finger on the pulse of what is happening throughout Ontario in relation to complementary therapies
- To increase your personal profile and that of your specialty(s)
- To network with other nurses, health care professionals and members of the public who are involved in complementary therapies
- To affiliate with other complementary therapy providers and organizations
- To access research information and opportunities with a focus on complementary therapies
- To access education opportunities with a focus on complementary therapies
- To become involved in creating policy related to complementary therapies
- To receive the Newsletter of the CTNIG
- To participate in the Annual General Meeting of the CTNIG
- To add your voice to the pardigm shift toward integrative health care
- To participate in changing nursing education, nursing practice and the health care system in Ontario
- To develop strategies for local involvement that will contribute to making all of the above a reality in our province
Check our website to for more information
President: Kim Watson firstname.lastname@example.org