About this BPSO:
Strengthening community harmony and well-being by ensuring access to high quality holistic services which promote personal, family and community responsibility to health care.
- People feel good about themselves through a balanced spiritual, mental, emotional and physical well being.
- Strong families and harmonious communities in an atmosphere of trust.
- People live fulfilling lives despite disabilities and chronic illnesses.
- We live our Anishnabe way of life and cultural values by incorporating the 7 Grandfather Teachings.
- We live in an environment, which respects nature's balance.
Individual and Family Well-Being
- Individuals have the skills and knowledge to take care of their health.
- Individuals and families can access a variety of quality health services.
- Individuals are involved in healthy lifestyle activities which promote physical fitness, program nutrition and reduction of substance abuse.
- People understand their rights and can access contemporary and traditional health services of their choice.
- Holistic health balances traditional and contemporary service delivery.
- Equity in health status for the Anishnabe.