Registed Nurses' Association of Ontario

Cambridge Memorial Hospital

About this BPSO:

Cambridge Memorial Hospital traces its roots to 1888, when the region’s first community hospital, known as Galt Hospital, opened its doors to treat patients in a localized health care setting.

Sixty-five years later, in 1953, a facility was built in its present location which was better suited to serve the major communities of Galt, Hespeler, Preston and the Township of North Dumfries. The hospital was named South Waterloo Memorial Hospital, in honour of those who gave their lives for the community and country. As local boundaries changed and communities merged to become the City of Cambridge, the hospital adopted the new name of Cambridge Memorial Hospital.

Continent:
North America
feedback